BryCoat has developed specialized Titanium Nitride (TiN) based coatings for use on Turbine Engine Compressor Blades and other Airfoils subjected to particle erosion caused by sand ingestion as well as cavitation erosion from water droplets.
These specialty coatings are thicker than standard industrial TiN coatings with tailored properties for the special needs of this market.
Titanium Nitride (TiN) Erosion Resistant Turbine Airfoil Coating
- Extremely Hard (harder than carbide, 3X hard chrome)
- Inert and stable material
- Extremely strong adhesion—molecular bond to substrate metal.
- Thicker than standard TiN
- High Temperature tolerant up to 600°C (1,100°F).
- Low fatigue—high compressive stress
- Sand Particle Erosion Resistant
- Cavitation Erosion Resistant
- Electrically conductive and non-oxidizing
- Resistant to most chemicals
- Improves corrosion resistance of blades.
- Dense and non-porous
- Metallic gold appearance
- Environmentally friendly process
- Check out these helpful resources:
- PVD Process Description
- Guide to Substrate Preparation for thin film coatings
- Thickness Conversion Chart
- Temperature Conversion Chart